Friday, May 05, 2006

After the Rush, Chapter 3

Clark, Chloe, Pete friendship
Season 2, after "Rush"
Rating: PG
2200 words
Disclaimer: These characters belong to the CW and DC Comics, not to me.


To: peteross@usaol
From: clarkkent@kentfarmproduce
Subject: FW: I loathe you
How the hell am I supposed to fix this, Pete? I have absolutely no idea what to say to her. Help me, for the love of God. And don't make it worse this time, okay?

To: csullivan@thetorch
From: peteross@usaol
Girl, what is your problem? Why are you giving Clark such a hard time?

To: peteross@usaol
From: csullivan@thetorch
He’s an @$$. That’s why.

To: csullivan@thetorch
From: peteross@usaol
I don’t understand what you’re so upset about. The man kissed you. A whole lot, from the sound of it. Isn’t that what you’ve always wanted?

To: peteross@usaol
From: csullivan@thetorch
Why on earth would you say that? I’m not interested in Clark.

To: csullivan@thetorch
From: peteross@usaol
You are so totally full of it, Chlo. Come on, spill. What’s really bothering you?

To: peteross@usaol
From: csullivan@thetorch
Sigh. I'm not sure, Pete. It's just... it sounds like I had my hands all over his body… and I don’t remember any of it.

To: csullivan@thetorch
From: peteross@usaol
Ahhhh. A light begins to dawn. So you’re not mad because he kissed you. You're mad because you don't remember it.

To: peteross@usaol
From: csullivan@thetorch
No! I’m mad because he took advantage of me when I wasn’t myself. That’s all.

To: csullivan@thetorch
From: peteross@usaol
Maybe he just did what he's really wanted to do all along. Did that ever occur to you?

To: peteross@usaol
From: csullivan@thetorch
Oh please. That’s stupid. Clark isn’t interested in me. We both know that. I’m just a buddy as far as he's concerned.

To: csullivan@thetorch
From: peteross@usaol
You may be a buddy, but you’re definitely a girl. Clark isn’t stupid. You think he would have been kissing you like that if he hadn’t noticed that you're a girl?

To: peteross@usaol
From: csullivan@thetorch
LOL. *You’ve* never noticed I'm a girl.

To: csullivan@thetorch
From: peteross@usaol
Sure I have. But we both know you’re too good for me, Chlo *g*. Anyway, it's Clark you want, and if you weren't so damned stubborn you'd admit it.

To: peteross@usaol
From: csullivan@thetorch
I admit nothing.

To: csullivan@thetorch
From: peteross@usaol
Fine. You don't have to admit anything to me. But maybe you should, you know, head over to Clark’s barn and try kissing him again.

To: peteross@usaol
From: csullivan@thetorch
What???!

To: csullivan@thetorch
From: peteross@usaol
Think about it, Chlo. He kissed you. Not Lana. You.

To: peteross@usaol
From: csullivan@thetorch
He said things got out of hand. He didn't mean to kiss me.

To: csullivan@thetorch
From: peteross@usaol
He's full of crap. Trust me. Guys don't accidentally kiss girls, Chlo. Anyway, what have you got to lose?

To: peteross@usaol
From: csullivan@thetorch
You've officially gone totally insane.

To: csullivan@thetorch
From: peteross@usaol
You're not fooling me, Chloe. I know you're thinking about it. Come on, he's writing papers in his loft, all alone...

To: peteross@usaol
From: csullivan@thetorch
Oh, stop it. Fine. I'll go TALK to him, okay? Just TALK, and just so you'll quit bugging me about him. I'm going now. See ya.

To: clarkkent@kentfarmproduce
From: peteross@usaol
You know, I bet Chloe would forgive you if you kissed her again.

To: peteross@usaol
From: clarkkent@kentfarmproduce
Are you TRYING to make me fail two classes? Leave me alone, will you? I’m working. And I'm trying really hard not to think about girls. Forget that I asked you for help, okay? This kind of help I do not need.

To: clarkkent@kentfarmproduce
From: peteross@usaol
Can’t you do the speed thing on the keyboard?

To: peteross@usaol
From: clarkkent@kentfarmproduce
Type in superspeed, you mean? Doesn’t work. Keyboard’s too damn small for my fingers. I hate laptops.

To: clarkkent@kentfarmproduce
From: peteross@usaol
Whatever. Screw the papers, man. You gotta fix things with Chloe. You know how girls are. If you don’t strike while the iron’s hot, she’ll be cold as ice forever.

To: peteross@usaol
From: clarkkent@kentfarmproduce
You are mixing the hell out of your metaphors, Pete.

To: clarkkent@kentfarmproduce
From: peteross@usaol
Still, you know what I mean. You don't want her to hate you, do you?

To: peteross@usaol
From: clarkkent@kentfarmproduce
I gotta get these papers done. My parents'll kill me if I get Fs in English and history all in the same week. They'll never let me out of the house again. Anyway, why the hell do you think kissing Chloe is going to fix things? Kissing her is what got me into this mess to begin with. I’m swearing off girls. Girls only lead to trouble.

To: clarkkent@kentfarmproduce
From: peteross@usaol
Yeah, but they’re worth it.

To: peteross@usaol
From: clarkkent@kentfarmproduce
That's your opinion.

To: clarkkent@kentfarmproduce
From: peteross@usaol
Just talk to her, okay?

To: peteross@usaol
From: clarkkent@kentfarmproduce
I told you, I'm in the middle of two-- ah, hell, someone's coming up the staircase.

To: clarkkent@kentfarmproduce
From: peteross@usaol
It’s Chloe, man. I sent her over there. Told her she ought to kiss you.

To: peteross@usaol
From: clarkkent@kentfarmproduce
Are you crazy???

To: clarkkent@kentfarmproduce
From: peteross@usaol
Probably. But what the hell. Go for it, dude. Let me know what happens.

To: peteross@usaol
From: clarkkent@kentfarmproduce
I swear I'm going to kill you.

To: clarkkent@kentfarmproduce
From: peteross@usaol
Hey there, Clark. What’s going on over there? I haven’t heard from you for an hour and a half.

To: peteross@usaol
From: clarkkent@kentfarmproduce
I’ve been busy. Chloe’s helping me type my papers.

To: clarkkent@kentfarmproduce
From: peteross@usaol
Suuuuuuure she is. You expect me to believe you're still working on those papers? It's almost midnight.

To: peteross@usaol
From: clarkkent@kentfarmproduce
Shut up, Pete. I'm busy over here.

To: clarkkent@kentfarmproduce
From: peteross@usaol
That's my boy.

To: peteross@usaol
From: clarkkent@kentfarmproduce
Hey, Pete...

To: clarkkent@kentfarmproduce
From: peteross@usaol
Yeah?

To: peteross@usaol
From: clarkkent@kentfarmproduce
Thanks.

-The End-

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ellen, I just discovered you on Kryptonsite when I read your story, Crimson! You are an amazing writer! I decided to follow your link over here when I looked up other things that you have written so that I could read them. After the Rush was adorable! Very well written. I don't usually go for this kind of format, but your writing kept me right there with the story! Amazing!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Ellen

I started posting on your stories on K-site, and I've been away for a while, but you were not the least forgotten...
You continue to amaze me with your talent, in each and every story... I am floored, really I am!!!
Apart from everything else your updates seem to fall out of the sky like rain, how can you be so prolific??? Geeez, you are truly unbeliavable, such talent, such brilliant stories...
I wish you all the best...

Take care,
Ana

Anonymous said...

to be honest with you, i almost didn't read this one. i thought i wasn't going to like this kind of format, but i was wrong.

i'm glad i did because it was hilarious. and without the actual act, i could tell that they've kissed when chloe went to see clark at home. very well done. that really made me laugh. thanks.

and happy new year (2007)

joanna (username: kidkarmina)

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite storys from you Elly. Probably because Rush is my favorite episode. Anyways, Awesome story, very cute. Love the end. Heard they are bringing back Pete next season, but thats just a rumor.

Take care, and Keep writing.

Anonymous said...

Omg I loved this story and I love how you do it with the instant message type format. And this was my favorite episode...I'm glad with the way you continued it.
Great job!
<33

Anonymous said...

Hi Ellen,

This was so cute and funny. I almost didn't read it because of the format but because I've read several of your HOT stories I knew I had to give it a try and I'm so glad I did. I'm going to go read all your stories now and do some commenting. Thank you for sharing your amazing talent with us.

blackheart_me said...

hahaha! question, do u reply to ur comments? Not sure if u do and I don't remember how many I read so i can't exactly go back and check [unless i do remember] But yea LOVED THIS! haha i guess they finally got in each others arms hu?
Ellen this is wonderful

Anonymous said...

Thats so cute!
Wonderful job elly

Meg said...

blackheart_me, I usually reply to comments on my LJ, but I don't usually respond over here unless someone asks me a direct question. But that doesn't mean I don't love and adore readers like you who leave comments and feedback:-).

mother_lulu said...

I LOVE IT! LOL!! I love the form - it's so wonderfully creative and so funny! Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

*giggles madly*
Adorable fic. Interesting and believable. Yay!
x

Anonymous said...

Why haven't I read this sooner?
This is brilliant, I love it! So funny and really adorable at the end :D
~N~

Anonymous said...

Hehe really amused me when stressed with work I haven't done.

DeeDee said...

Yay! Nice one, Pete!

This has got to be one of the sweetest fics I have ever read. Thanks, Elly! Well done.

Regards,
Dee.

AV said...

This is too adorable. My imagination is in overdrive, thank you!

pigtails5 said...

that was funny. i loved it. i was just browsing around and i found this website and looked around and came to this story. this is the first of your stories that i have read. and i loved it, it was cute. Chole and clark are my favorite characters. now i'm gonna go read some of your other stories.

Anonymous said...

So funny and cute! Loved the email format too. Very clever!