Saturday, March 03, 2007

Not Tonight, I Have a Headache

Clark/Chloe futurefic
Rating: PG-13
600 words
Disclaimer: These characters belong to the CW and DC Comics, not to me.

"You have got to be kidding me."

Chloe Sullivan Kent pouted as she stood in the doorway of the bedroom, posing in a sexy green negligee she'd bought a few days before. "Kidding? When do I ever kid about sex?"

"Chloe..." Her husband's big body was sprawled out on the bed, and he looked limp and exhausted. He threw an arm over his eyes-- although she was pretty sure he was peeking with his x-ray vision. "It's been a long day. I have a headache."

"You don't get headaches, Clark."

"Okay. So I don't have a headache, per se. But I'm tired."

"Poor baby." Chloe spoke with a distinct lack of sympathy. "I was at the Planet offices at eight. You didn't come wandering in till ten-thirty."

"That's because there was a huge fire on Fourth and Main. Then Samaritan and the Honor Guard needed help putting down a riot in Astro City. There was that whole incident with the Joker over in Gotham. And then there was another little minor thing... oh, right. Every member of the Justice League got called up to foil that attempted takeover of the world by the K'ar'kains."

"Yeah, well, so you saved the world a few times this morning. Big deal. You think that means you get to go to sleep at nine o'clock?"

"I'm tired." Clark sounded decidedly whiny. "Once I finally got to the office, I wrote four articles. I did interviews. I checked facts..."

"And I suppose you think I sat at my desk and painted my nails?"

"Well, no. Of course not. But did you save the world from ugly purple aliens today?"

"I guess not. I wrote an article about you saving the world, though."

"It's not quite the same thing." He pulled the pillow over his head and spoke in a muffled voice. "I'm just not up for sex tonight, Chlo. I need sleep."

"Oh, fine." She sighed dramatically. "I guess I'll just take this off, then. Maybe tomorrow."

She saw the pillow move, an inch or two, and thought she saw the glint of an eye staring at her. She untied the sash, shrugged off the lace and satin garment with slow, deliberate movements, and let it drift to the ground.

An unmistakable gulping sound came from beneath the pillow. She smiled, and walked slowly toward the bed, letting her hips sway just a bit.

"So," she said, sinking down on the bed next to him. "Tomorrow?"

He let the pillow move another inch. A green eye appeared. His gaze roved over her totally naked form, and the eye began to gleam with what looked very much like lust. "Uh," he said. "Well. You know. I mean, if you're really that interested..."

"No, no." She smiled innocently. "It's no big deal, really. I can wait. I know you've had a really big day."

The pillow shifted slightly, so that both eyes were staring at her intently. "Actually, I'm feeling a lot more awake all of a sudden."

She grinned. "Strange how that happens every night about this time."

"Yeah," he agreed. "It's weird, all right. It's like I get a second wind or something."

"Or something, yeah."

He stared at her for a moment longer, then grabbed her, pulling her down to the mattress, rolling her over, and pinning her in one superfast motion. She squealed and wrapped her arms around his shoulders.

"So what happened to your headache?"

He laughed softly against her throat.

"I've still got an ache, all right," he answered, running his hands over her body. "It just moved south."

"I bet I can help with that."

"I bet you can, too." He kissed her chin, then began to move downward. "Somehow... you always do."

-The End-

Read the sequel, Priorities.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my I love it!!! :D This one was totally cute and funny :D, thanks for this I totally need it :). Hugs!!! Be well and take care.

Anonymous said...

so cute and funny! i love to read that side of Chlark. plus, Clark should no it's futile to say no to Chloe :D

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed this little diddy too. Way to handle that 'Man of Steel' Chloe! I especially liked the playful bantering. Nicely done. Thanks for sharing!

DeeDee said...

Short & sweet. Love it!

Regards,
DeeDee.

blackheart_me said...

AWW! VERY VERY CUTE! Short, seductive and sweet. Love the Chlark in here, especially whiny Clark and a very sexy Chloe ;]